Chocolate Covered Date/Almond Butter Balls
These Chocolate Covered Date/Almond Butter Balls are our absolute favorite!!!
1. They’re healthy, who doesn’t love that??
2. They’re SO easy to make...like, SO EASY.
3. They’re SO good.
These are perfect for a little afternoon snack ORRR for a sweet little dessert after dinner. But...they can be quite dangerous. We made a batch of about 25 balls and 4 days later…. they’re gone. OOPS! Ok, let us add some light into your life and tell you exactly what you need and how to make them:
2 cups pitted dates
¼ cup Creamy almond butter
1 bag Dairy/Vegan/Gluten free chocolate chips (We used the Semi-sweet mini chips "Enjoy Life" brand)
1. Put the dates in a food processor (or nutri bullet) and break down till they have a dough-like consistency. Transfer the date mixture into a medium size bowl.
2. Add ¼ cup almond butter into the date mixture and mix in with a spoon. Mix until the almond butter is evenly distributed into the dates.
3. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Form the date/almond butter mixture into balls and place on parchment paper. You can size the balls however you like. Once formed into balls, put in the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden up a bit. OPTIONAL: stick a toothpick into each ball so it’s easier to dip them into the chocolate.
4. Pour the bag of chocolate chips into a bowl and melt in the microwave.
5. Take the balls out of the freezer and dip them into the melted chocolate. If you put a toothpick in, just swirl the toothpick around and make sure to coat the whole ball. If you didn’t use a toothpick, use a spoon to mix the ball around in the chocolate. Once coated, place back on parchment paper.
6. Let cool in the freezer for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
P.S. You can store these in the freezer OR the fridge, either works!