Fall Leaf Cupcakes
Updated: Dec 3, 2018
Our favorite part about cupcakes is that you can basically make them whatever flavor you want. For these, we used chocolate cake to get more of the brown, fall look. Red velvet would also be a very festive look. But the bestttt part of these cupcakes are the leaf toppers. They are so easy, so quick to make, and so creative. They're bound to make people think you're a professional baker even if you're not ;) If you aren't comfortable with free-handing the leaves, use our leaf stencil for more precise results:
Whether you're baking these for the family, bringing them to a thanksgiving dinner, or simply devouring them yourself (like we did), you can be sure that you will please everyone's eyes AND tastebuds.
1 box Betty Crocker super moist chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup water
2 tubs of vanilla frosting
White baking chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
Red and Orange food coloring
Red and Orange sprinkles
1. Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs. Mix or beat until smooth.
2. Line a cupcake tray with liners or grease the tray. Pour the batter into the cupcake tray about 3/4 full.
3. Bake according to directions on box. About 15 minutes for 24 cupcakes.
4. Once cupcakes are done baking, let cool so the frosting doesn't melt.
5. Dye one tub of vanilla frosting red and one tub of vanilla frosting orange with food coloring. Fill the piping bag with both red and orange frosting, alternating each color.
6. Once cupcakes are frosted using the red and orange frosting, sprinkle the tops of each cupcake with red and orange sprinkles.
7. Melt white chocolate using a double boiler or the microwave according to instructions on package. Once the chocolate is melted add about 6 drops of yellow food coloring and about 3 drops of red food coloring (to get your desired orange color.)
8. Put melted, colored chocolate into a piping bag and using the stencil, pipe as many leaves as you wish on parchment paper.
9. Place the parchment paper in the fridge so that the chocolate can harden. This will take about 20 minutes. Once cooled, carefully remove each leaf using a flat spatula or something similar.
10. Place as many leaves as you wish on each cupcake.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE VIDEOS - @BERMANSISTERSBAKE