Not-Too-Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Updated: Jul 9, 2020
Everyone needs a good chocolate chip cookie recipe to keep on hand, and until we convince our mom to let us tell the world about her famous chocolate chip cookie recipe, this is a good one to substitute with. These chocolate chip cookies are not "too" sweet, but also just sweet enough. Some of you may be reading this like... "wait, why are you telling us to make chocolate chip cookies that aren't super sweet?" The reason is, Jenna LOVES these cookies. And we have a feeling that if Jenna loves them, you guys will too. There's just enough sugar in these to keep you wanting more, but also not too much sugar to where you'll be sugar-ed out after 3 cookies. Give them a go and tell us what you think!
Tip #1: Let the dough refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will avoid the cookies spreading too far. The longer you refrigerate, the less they will spread and the fluffier they will be.
Tip #2: Use tablespoon size balls of dough on the cookie sheet. Do not make them too big.
PS - Jenna would recommend only 1 cup of chocolate chips. But Jordan says, if you're a chocolate person, go with the suggested two cups. Personal preference though...
READY .... SET.... GO!
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 & 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup cake flour
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt (about 1/2 tsp)
2 cups chocolate chips (can use milk, dark or both)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Once Smooth, add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
3. In separate bowl, mix together all purpose flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add in chocolate chips. Do not overmix!
6. Scoop tablespoon size balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour).
8. Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes. Let cool (but not too much, because there's nothing better than warm chocolate chip cookies 😉)
9. Eat your heart out!!