Oreo Brownie Pie (Christmas Edition!)
Updated: Dec 27, 2018
Oreo’s and brownie combined?! YES PLEASE. Ok, so I’m going to be honest and give Jordan full credit for this one…. She thought of this dessert and at first I wasn’t sure of the idea, but now I can fully admit that it was an AMAZING idea (thanks sis). The pie crust…with the moist brownie….combined with the delicious Oreo’s...and hot fudge….mmmm mouth watering. Add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and that’s pure heaven right there.
We used good ole Pillsbury Pie Crust. It's much easier than homemade pie crust because, let's be real, who has any extra time during the holidays.......NOT US. Literally just unroll the pie crust and put it inside a greased pie pan. Press the raw dough against the edges to make sure the dough really takes the shape of the pan. Depending on the size of the pie pan you use, you may have some excess dough around the edges. You can either take scissors and just simply cut the extra dough off, or you can do what we did and just fold it inwards. Feel free to get a bit more creative than we did with the crust... there are plenty of different pie crust designs online! Now it's time to line the Oreos...
The pan that we used was a bit shallow so we actually cut the Oreos in half (and by cut, we mean ripped with our hands.) This way the Oreo's wouldn't stick up too far on the edges. **We only ripped the Oreo's that were going to be on the edges though. The Oreo's that were on the bottom in the middle were full size. It ended up being perfect because the Oreo's were just tall enough to where you could see a little bit of the red and green once the brownie batter was in the pie pan.
Now just fill the pie pan with the brownie batter and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. (Time may vary depending on the size pan you use.) Once cooked, take it out of the oven and pour the hot fudge over it! The hot fudge we used came with the Betty Crocker brownie mix, but feel free to use any hot fudge or chocolate sauce! AND ENJOY!!!
Pillsbury Pie Crust
Oreo’s (we used the red holiday edition Oreo's and the green mint Oreo’s for Christmas but you can use any Oreo’s you want!)
1 box of brownie mix (and ingredients needed to make brownie mix - on back of box)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Center the pie dough on the pie pan and press down gently to make the dough take shape of the pan. Press the dough down onto the edges of the pan. Remove excess dough by either folding the dough inward or by cutting with scissors.
3. Line the outer edge of the pie with Oreos that are cut in half. Then fill the bottom of the pan with full size Oreo's. We alternated the Oreo's between red and green to create a cooler pattern, but this is not required!
4. Make the brownie mix. Pour the brownie mix on top of the Oreo’s to fill the whole pie.
5. Bake pie for 25 minutes on 350. (Baking time may vary depending on size of the pan so keep your eye on it)
6. Once cooked, remove from oven and drizzle hot fudge on top.