Oreo Peppermint Bark
Updated: Dec 12, 2018
IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME, BITCHES!!! Are you as excited as we are?! What better way to start off the winter season by making a dessert that has peppermint bits!! We chose to kick off the holiday season with a very simple treat that calls for only FOUR ingredients, but is delicious AF and will FOR SURE get you in the holiday spirit.
For this dessert, all you need is white chocolate wafers, milk chocolate wafers, peppermint bits, and oreo thins. Yeah, you heard us...we said oreo THINS. You're pretty much being #healthy by eating this.
Spread out a thin layer of melted white chocolate on the pan and then line out the Oreos. One package of oreo thins has about 40 cookies. So, with an 11x15 pan you should be able to line out 5 rows with 8 oreos in each row perfectly. After this, just add more white chocolate on top of the oreos, then the milk chocolate, and lastly the peppermint bits. Allow the chocolate to set and get hard in the refrigerator for about a half hour. Once cooled in the refrigerator, take it out and cut the chocolate in bark pieces.
Side note: You might want to wait five minutes after taking it out of the refrigerator to let the chocolate soften up a bit before cutting the pieces. Jordan got a little excited and almost broke her hand trying to cut into it because it was too hard.
Another side note: You might want to make two batches! This stuff goes FAST!
1- 10 ounce package Oreo THINS (40 cookies)
2 1/2 cups white chocolate melting wafers
1 cup milk chocolate melting wafers
1/4 cup peppermint bits
1. Line an 11x15 pan with foil. (The foil will prevent the chocolate from sticking to the pan after the chocolate cools and settles.)
2. Place the white chocolate wafers in one bowl and milk chocolate wafers in another bowl. Melt both according to package. (It's best to use good chocolate that will melt smooth and creamy.)
3. Spread a very thin layer of white chocolate onto the pan.
4. Line the Oreo cookies on top of the thin layer of white chocolate. (This will keep the Oreo's from sliding around on the pan.)
5. Pour the rest of the white chocolate over the oreos and spread evenly with a flat spatula.
6. Drop the milk chocolate by spoonfuls over the top. Swirl the chocolate around gently until you get the pattern you like. (You want to make sure you swirl gently and not TOO much because you don't want it to be just a solid chocolate layer on top.)
7. Sprinkle peppermint bits on top. Let set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
8. Use a large knife to cut the chocolate into pieces.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE VIDEOS - @BERMANSISTERSBAKE