White Chocolate-Dipped Rice Krispies Treats
Updated: Dec 12, 2018
Obviously the best part about Rice Krispies treats are how delicious they are but also how EASY they are to make!! Literally all you need is butter, marshmallows, and Rice Krispies cereal. And if you want to get festive like us, just add some chocolate and sprinkles!
First, melt the butter and marshmallows together in a microwave-safe bowl. Once melted, add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir well. Keep stirring and mixing (use the folding technique) until ALLL the cereal is coated in the butter-marshmallow mixture.
Once the cereal is mixed evenly, put the Rice Krispies mixture in a pan coated with cooking spray. You should use the back side of a BUTTERED spatula to really pack down the Rice Krispies into the pan. Buttered is in all caps because we promise if you forget to do that part, you will have Rice Krispies sticking onto the spatula, your hand, and just about everything. It will be a disaster. We know that because it happened to us LOL…it's a miracle what a little spray butter on the back of the spatula can do.
Once you chill the Rice Krispies in the fridge for a few minutes, take them out, cut them to whatever size you'd like, lay them out on parchment paper, dip in chocolate, add some festive holiday sprinkles and BAM! You have yourself a delicious, simple, and ADDICTING little treat!
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz, about 40) JET-PUFFED MARSHMALLOWS
6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal
1- 10 oz bag Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and marshmallows together on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
2. Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Use a buttered spatula (important or else the Rice Krispies will stick to the spatula) and spread the Rice Krispies mixture evenly into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Use the back of the spatula to press and pack down the Rice Krispies.
4. Cool Rice Krispies in the fridge for 20 minutes. Take out and cut to size that you prefer.
5. Place the cut Rice Krispies treats on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
6. Melt white chocolate wafers in a microwave-safe bowl. Dip half of the Rice Krispies treat in the white chocolate.
7. Sprinkle festive sprinkles on top of the chocolate.
8. Put back in fridge for 20 minutes so the chocolate can cool and harden.
9. Serve & enjoy!